Dealing with tangles and snarls in your child’s hair can be a tearful, frustrating and time-consuming task for both them and you!
To prevent tangles and snarls:
- When washing hair, gently massage the shampoo into scalp and through the hair, do not vigorously lather the shampoo.
- Use a leave-in conditioner such as Original Sprout and comb hair immediately after conditioning while hair is still wet.
- After washing and conditioning, make sure to gently towel dry the hair, do not move the towel back and forth through hair.
- For children with long hair, sleep with a loose braid in at night
To get rid of tangles and snarls:
- Before combing, always start by spraying a good detangler generously through the hair. We recommend Circle of Friends or So Cozy detangler.
- Use a wide-tooth comb. Start combing at the very ends of the hair and work your way up to the scalp slowly.